Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meatball Appetizer

Yummy Meatball Sauce to Warm Up Any Winter Dinner Party


Makes an awesome quick and easy appetizer.

Ingredients:

Homemade or frozen pre-packaged meatballs  (this recipe assumes the meatballs are precooked!)
1 part grape jelly
2 parts ketchup
Chili Oil to taste

Directions:

Crockpot Method:  Place meatballs in Crockpot, cover with ketchup/grape jelly mixture (remember 2 parts ketchup to 1 part grape jelly).  Add chili oil, to taste.  I don't like things very spicy, so I only add about 1 Tbsp. chili oil.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours.  Serve hot.  I recommend using toothpicks for serving/eating.  Enjoy!

Stove Top Method:  Place meatballs in a saucepan, cover with ketchup/grape jelly mixture (remember 2 parts ketchup to 1 part grape jelly).  Add chili oil, to taste.  I don't like things very spicy, so I only add about 1 Tbsp. chili oil.  Cook on medium heat with lid on for about 30 minutes or until meatballs are warmed through.  Serve hot.  I recommend using toothpicks for serving/eating.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment