Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pecan Shortbread for a Sunny Sunday Morning

I recently went to visit my Grandma and she reminded me how much I love these shortbread cookies.  The recipe below is a slight variation of my Grandma's recipe.  As an added bonus, they will make your house smell amazing while they bake.  They taste great with coffee.



Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg (separated)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 cup pecans finely chopped (or almond slices for almond shortbread)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 

Cream butter and sugar in mix master.  Add 1 egg yolk and mix to combine.  Slowly stir in cinnamon and flour until combine. 

Spread dough evenly onto a 10 X 15 inch ungreased jelly roll pan.  Brush egg white evenly over top of dough.  Cover with chopped pecans. 

Bake for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown.  Cut into slices while hot.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment