Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vegetable and Bean Crock Pot Soup - Great for any Season

This soup is healthy and delicious.  I am currently addicted to it.  It is very filling and almost fat-free.  Enjoy!!!


Ingredients:

12-15 oz. Dried Beans (I love to use Bob's Red Mill Black Bean Mix or Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Mix - you only need ahlaf a bag)
1 10 ounce can mild RoTel
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15.25 oz. can yellow sweet corn
3 sweet potatoes chopped (or chopped acorn or butternut squash also work well)
1 sweet onion chopped
5 stalks of celery chopped (incluidng stalks and leaves)
2 cups of diced carrots (I use baby carrots)
2 bay leaves
7 chicken bouillon cubes
7 cups of water
Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Chopped Spring Onions and Sour Cream for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Put all ingredients into a large crock-pot.  Cover and cook on high for about 8 hours (I turn it on before I go to work and dinner is ready when I get home).  Garnish as desired and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment